Wednesday 27 January 2016

#foodie: Paleo chorizo and egg breakfast muffins


When I first started googling breakfast recipes, I was a little apprehensive. I have a massive sweet tooth, and have always gone for cereal options, but knowing how much sugar is packed into them, I thought it might be time for a change. Leaving the house at 7am doesn’t ever leave much time for a big breakfast; as much as I’d love to cook scrambled eggs every morning, it’s just not viable! I came across this recipe on Pinterest for chorizo egg muffins, and they are DELICIOUS. These little babies are perfect for grabbing on your way out the door and they’re so easy to make. Even I, a natural born burner of baked goods, could make it. So you can definitely do this!

Ingredients:
8 eggs
80ml water 
100g diced chorizo 
Optional: 
Cheddar cheese
Spring onion
Peppers
Asparagus

How to do it:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius 
  2. Pan-fry the chorizo until browned (I use coconut oil, but you could use olive oil or any other cooking oil)
  3. Whisk up the eggs and water together until thoroughly mixed and beaten
  4. Add the cooked chorizo to a lined muffin tin. If you want any other vegetables, add them in now!
  5. Pour the egg mixture over the top of each muffin case until it is 3/4 full
  6. Pop in the oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
  7. Enjoy!

Keep these in an airtight container, and enjoy on their own or microwave them and have them on toast. Lovely stuff, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment